Ruthrauff | Sauer is committed to maintaining a safe working environment for all employees. Our goal is to achieve Zero Lost-Time Injuries through Education and Training, Incentives, Personal Protective Equipment and Total Company Involvement in the well-being of all its employees.
- SAFETY MEETINGS Weekly safety meetings are a part of the scope of work on all projects. Our foremen are safety-educated and experienced in the rules and regulations set down by OSHA and Ruthrauff | Sauer’s Safety Program. They have the leadership skills to enforce and motivate a safe workplace. Foremen are responsible for documenting and coordinating all safety meetings. Safety topics related to our industry, OSHA compliance or the hazards commonly encountered at job sites are sent out weekly to our foremen. “At-risk” behavior is not tolerated and all employees are to participate in our Safety meetings and programs.
- JOB SITE VISITS / INSPECTIONS Visits are made weekly. Almost, without exception, any safety action required is handled immediately by our employees and foremen. By constant contact and cooperation with the Safety Director, our employees realize that Ruthrauff | Sauer is committed to safety.
- NEW EMPLOYEE ORIENTATION Ruthrauff | Sauer’s Policies and Procedures with emphasis on Safety are reviewed with all new field employees on their first day of employment with Ruthrauff | Sauer.
- SAFETY TRAINING Safety training is ongoing at all job sites. Standard First Aid, Respiratory Training, Fall Protections, Asbestos and Lead Awareness, Confined Space Entry, Excavation Safety, Hazardous Communication, Rigging and Hoisting, and Ladder and Scaffolding are some of the programs offered yearly to all our employees. In-house training sessions are conducted at least twice a year in each of the following departments: steamfitters, plumbers, sheetmetal, and plumbing service.
- TEMPORARY / RESTRICTED RETURN-TO-WORK PROGRAM This program was implemented in 1997 and has been very successful. It has been very effective in reducing lost-time accidents, enhancing employee moral and accelerating complete and well-timed recoveries.